Thursday, June 25, 2020

Daily Notes- June 25th



Interesting Day so far.  Awake at 5:32.  Quite hyper.  Constructed an aluminum foil wall for the router. To sort of get it working again.  Deleted almost my entire picture file to open up "space" on the computer because that might be why we hardly get any email- but it could also be that people have nothing to say because nothing is happening. So- no email. Back to bed and woke up at 10am.

Deb's post came thru.  The septic mess. 2am. I don't think I would be easy with putting the towels in the washing machine either. I would have to repeatedly hose them off on the lawn. I am reminded of someone who alternately cleaned up a mess like this and vomited. I can't remember who it was.

This week feels like a "tipping point" as they say on the news. When things go negative or positive.  
I complain about the lack of just about everything here in Maine.  But now it seems okay as we also have a lack of Virus, also.  We have an abundance of Trump No Mask people up here. But they hang out with like minded fools and that sort of keeps them away from the rest of us.

College has a large statue of Chamberlain.  Civil War.  Will they pull it down? Our Senator King lives just down the street. He may have to stand in front of it.

Things are opening up and hardly anyone is interested in entering. 
The restaurant with the big deck along the river was loaded with customers the first 2 weeks. But not so much now- as it looks like the bar drunks are the only ones there now.
The local private college announced all classes for 2nd year and up will be online. Only freshmen will be on campus possibly one to a room.  No sports.  Which is a kick in the gut for downtown businesses.
Three stores in the downtown are now vacant. But Goodwill is open.

I have the two hanging baskets to fill today.  Yesterday there were too many mosquitos and I was still in recovery mode from my fall.  No headaches but left arm/hand a bit stiff and my left leg/knee would rather be sitting on couch. I did some sewing but no reading.  Law and Order was on.

It was supposed to rain.  But it hasn't and we are now under drought conditions. 
The price of water is going to go way up.  Again.
I am thankful it's cloudy.

No comments: