Friday, June 26, 2020

Daily Notes- June 26 104 days



Overnight the iPhone collected 27 emails and regained the weather map.  Husband did some sort of magical stuff.  Which I guess is otherwise known as "ordinary maintenance".   I am going to take some credit also because of the aluminum foil taped to the wall next to and behind the router.  

I was up early after a very deep and peaceful sleep.  Extra- ordinary for me.
Had my breakfast, coffee and newspaper reading and then went to water the back deck plants- the few remaining ones as I got most into pots or the raised bed garden yesterday.
I opened the door and "what to my wondering eyes did appear?"
A SNAKE.

Well, husband - who I woke up suddenly with my screaming- says it's "just a little garter snake"
But it is still a SNAKE.
We got him back out the door and back to what I guess the snake is calling home- the back deck. 
Just in case, I moved my garden shoes into the house.

So, dear friends and readers- it has been a very different morning so far.

I could embellish this event with a cloth and a snake but I just will not even think about that.

The cucumber seedlings (with borage) and the True Hyssop have been planted in the raised bed garden.  I also filled the edges of the dill rectangle with some very tall zinnias.  Last summer I wanted a big colorful flower bed out in the raised beds.  It didn't happen.  I started flower seeds in half the little milk jug greenhouses this year and now I am planting the short ones in planter boxes with petunias and the taller ones in the herb rectangles. I have many "pollinator" plants out in the herb garden.
Wild Bergmot- Monarda fistula from Native Seeds is running wild in one bed.

The Ironwood patch is now made up of about a dozen stems and will be glorious when it reaches it's full 10 feet in height and then in Fall the glorious sapphire BLUE flowers.  
Adjacent to the ironwood is a stubborn circle of Siberian Iris of a deep deep blue.
I have decided to just let it continue to increase in size and stay where it is.  A few strays have popped up in the front yard beds.  It is a gorgeous deep blue. And such a pain to dig up. 
I used an ax and a saw the last time I moved any of it. Like trying to dig up cement.

We had hoped for rain.  But the weather people say it has dried up before falling. 
The Arctic is thawing. Overheated. I almost feel like humans are doomed. 
Please wear a mask- not for yourself but to protect others.

No comments: