Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Daily Notes- March 24

                                              

Looking down over the edge of the back deck an hour ago as I finished shoveling.  Six inches of heavy wet snow overnight and a power failure.  I am wondering if the wet snow sanitized the air we  are breathing?  The dry air here in the house is causing me to cough quite a bit.  Ricola cough drops to the rescue.

My milk jugs (with seeds and soil) got very wet yesterday with the snowfall.  The little parsley seedlings are the only top growth and they seemed okay.  Sun is very bright outside and I went "snow blind" out there in the back -south side- with the bright sunshine.  G says I need to wear ski goggles. I have the screen door open on the vestibule porch so the Fig gets fresh air.  Even with the door open, it's 50 degrees now (inside).  The Fig Tree is starting to produce leaves.

My prescriptions are ready for pick up and my daughter is "allowing" me to go to the store to get them by myself.  I am going to maintain a six foot separation from people and wear a surgical glove on my right hand and only touch things with my right hand and then dispose of the glove.  Since I am coughing and that might get me ejected from the grocery store- I will have my mouth and nose covered and will have a cough drop in my mouth.  And more unwrapped and ready to put into my mouth. She will administer some sort of "daughter lie detector test" when I return.

I think she learned this behavior from my example when she was in high school and college and did not always tell the truth the first three or four times she was asked a question.

Maine closed all of our public ocean front beaches yesterday.  People were coming from other states  over the weekend to walk close together on the sand and we can't have that sort of behavior.  So.  Maine Beaches are Closed. Even to card carrying Mainers.  Glad my daughter and her friends got to walk the beach Saturday. They observed the 6 feet rule.

I have deleted most of what I wrote here today....  I did send Gretchen an unedited email.  Hope I haven't offended her. It's hard to tell anymore what is okay and what is not okay to say.  I usually get in trouble with "not okay" to say.

But if everything gets to be "safe to say" is it actually a conversation?

My Investment Banker (a woman) sent me a letter about investment things and I replied- we're okay- we have toilet paper- carry on- it will all work out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a daughter who is guarding me too. Nice,I guess. She lives an hour away. This morning I did sneak out to senior hours at the local small grocery store to get a few things, like fresh milk.
I'm near Portland OR but my 101 year old Mom is in a senior living facility in Portland ME. I worry...
Take care.

MariMo said...

It's hard to tell anymore what is okay and what is not okay to say. I usually get in trouble with "not okay" to say.
I hope you know that with me, anything you say is "okay to say". We're all humans. Lots of love to you and G.