Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Daily Notes- March 17th

                                              

I added borders in to the left side and top yesterday.  That small corner and the grape cloth on the top. which might have been the bottom- I don't remember which way is UP anymore.

Daughter managed to get us a new thermometer to take our temperatures.  Every store had none on the shelves.  She finally mentioned it to the clerk at one of the places she visited--- found out they are now stocked behind the counter.  So people can only buy ONE.  So there is enough for anyone who needs one.  The clerk said people were taking ALL of them.  Just handfuls of thermometers- so management had to stop that sort of behavior.  Wish they had done that with toilet paper.

My husband read in the paper that people are calling 911 to report a shortage of toilet paper.

Soap is best for washing hands so I went looking for bar soap in the storage areas here at home and found a lovely large bar of French soap.  We'll be enjoying the hand washing experience even more now.

I was hoping the chive plants had put up fresh shoots in the warm weather we had been having. But it has not decided to produce Spring growth yet. Today we had rain, power failure, wind, rain.....so far.   Not weather for a nice walk.  I was going to use the fresh chives in a green mix with parsley added to rice.  For the holiday.  Herby green flecked rice.  If I had tiny potatoes the mixture would be lovely on steamed potatoes.  I could do it with dry chives.

It was very good luck on my part, to have checked out that new cookbook from the library .  One of the BEST qualities of the book is the far right section called "if you don't have any...... use........." for each master recipe.  Because, I do not have ......... these days and I also do not have........but I can figure it out.  Gives me clues.  I may actually have the Time to become a good survival cook because a young man with fever, cough etc who has tested positive has been reporting to work- sick- for days now in an area of high concentration of stores.  People. Not a mile from where I sit typing this.  So, I think we are in the house for an additional 3 to 4 weeks.

No comments: