Sunday, March 22, 2020

Daily Notes- March 22

                                                 

The floor in my sewing room.  and I have attempted to clean the space but always end up having to dump the boxes out looking for a specific scrap of cloth.  Not finding it most of the Time.  Easier to just close the door.  Those little bits are hard to pick up unless one gets down on the floor with them- then how to get back up?  Nothing to hold on to and rolling chairs are bad choices. (just saying...) The trials of the aging in place.

The Sunday paper included a grocery insert- full color.  Not sure the reality of the store shelving will make many shoppers happy.  I have two items on my list- ketchup and crunchy peanut butter with no positive thoughts about either item.  So far, none to be had.  I am dreaming of finding ricotta, frozen spinach and mozzarella to make a large pan of vegetarian lasagna.  I have sauce and noodles in the pantry--it could happen, right?.  The store flyer mentioned pork butts and I do have a crock pot and some BBQ sauce so I could make pulled pork.  That might be the way to go. If.....big if here.

My walking buddy is going in hoping for the avocados pictured in the flyer.

Did you know airplanes are still flying passengers from place to place?  I though they were all grounded.

I watched a PBS program I had recorded on our TiVo.  The Press. I watched all the episodes from afternoon to evening and was feeling very refreshed and calm heading to bed at midnight. I was feeling normal.  I did not delete them.  I may need them all again in the coming weeks--or months.

Yes, I am internalizing that this will last for many future months.  All summer.  But I will have the garden to occupy my hands and body then.  Right now I am counting the weeks until the compost bins- the three of them- are thawed and I can start sifting them. Good hard work. I need it.

How are you filling your days?


No comments: