Monday, March 16, 2020

Daily Notes- March 16th

                                                

Up at the top of this one, just under the pink strip--I can imagine I am seeing my forehead and  eyes- looking out at whomever would be looking at this cloth collage.

Tell me if you see it,  or it's just my imagination.

Today I saw a few birds. Out in the backyard.  Still no squirrels.  It's like the animals out in the woods have self quarantined also. It is also very very quiet.  Too quiet. G has gone to see the dentist for his annual tooth cleaning (yippee they are back to being cover by Medicare).  The dentist office doesn't know if they will be staying open during the quarantine.  But gave G an appointment for April 14th.

I have the proper foods in the house now.  I didn't take the two week thing seriously enough.  But now we have what we need to eat as we would normally eat.   Sigh.  It takes awhile for me to assume reasonable-ness.  And I washed the refrigerator shelves and organized the contents.  Too many packages of cheese (which is not actually a bad thing as most everything is better topped with cheese.) And my milk has a long expiration date so I can use it to make sauces etc. ( with the cheese).

My horoscope for the day: embark on a new task, hobby or pastime.  Explore the possibilities, and open your mind to new activities.

In tidying the freezer section of the fridge yesterday I found three bags of avocado pits (taking up room that is better served holding ice cream).  I know they can be used to color cloth so I am going to look it up see if there is a specific mordant for the cloth and then use some of the pits to dye cloth.  Or over-dye cloth.  I think it comes out pink.  Or I will just move the bags of pits to the porch freezer- which is a bit "iffy" for real edible food right now.  It goes off and on- marching to it's own little internal drummer.  It's quite empty. Plenty of room for avocado pits.

I tend to march to my own odd little internal drummer-  a very unique one that gets me into trouble more often than not.  "Does Not Play Well With Others"  was mentioned often in my elementary school report cards.


2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Yes! I can see it!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure teeth cleaning is covered? We were just told it is not covered.