Saturday, March 14, 2020

Daily Notes- March 14

                                      

A surprise today.  I haven't checked the milk jug greenhouse with the parsley seeds in a few days and today I took a peek and look........ parsley!!!!  I usually buy a 6 pack of plants and that's enough to grow, use and freeze--and I have the possibility of a dozen plants. yippee.

That --and the 47 degrees here in Maine- got me out to rake leaves etc off the bulb garden and then plant seeds in 8 more half gallon milk jugs. Now I get to do a tick check of myself.

I was getting a bit tired of being in the house all day while it was raining yesterday. I may go looking for the folding chairs and sit out in the sunshine and get some vitamins while "sort of quarantined".  Our daughter doesn't want us to leave our property.

Still no notice from the library- my books are still listed as "in transit". My library was going to try a "no contact" system during the library shut down.  I think they bring the books outside the library, set them down and then you walk over and pick them up.  The 6 foot distance rule.  Books will be sanitized going out and coming in. One person at a time.  I think we call and make an appointment.  It sounds like a good plan- but we'll see.  They could send books by mail as well.  A special deal with the post office across the street from the library.

Movie theaters are closed. Several restaurants in Town are still open.  G had lunch at one of them yesterday and brought take out home for me.  I'm thinking the Dairy Queen won't open this month. Or ever.  and that is really really depressing now that I am thinking about it.  There's been another positive test in Portland this time.  So, one case north of us and one south of us. Should be double that in five days and then triple in another five days if they spread it around.

The dentist office called G about his appointment Monday.  He can still go in for it or he can cancel. I think that will be what happens with everything in the next 2 or 3 months.  Perhaps they will take our temperature before letting us into the waiting room.  They took temperatures of people in the press room at the White House today.   That had an interesting name for this sort of thing. I wish I could remember.


No comments: