Friday, March 13, 2020

Daily Notes- March 13th

                                  

My work station.  The lid of a Harry and David gift box.  Why I am using the lid and not the box itself- well, I don't know.  Perhaps the lid seems more like a tray?

I noticed additional worn thin holes in the elbows of the sweater I am wearing- last night.  So I have to thinking about how to mend them- the worn thin holes are alongside a very large elbow patch I added to each sleeve.   So do I add patches to each side of the larger patch or replace the original patch with a much wider one?  G thinks I should just get rid of the sweater.  But I have nothing to replace it with. So what would I wear all winter???

It's raining today.  Dark and dismal.  Maine has it's first Corona positive test.  A Navy veteran who traveled.  Now they have to discover where and when and who might also be infected.  I can hear the rain hitting the big skylight in the kitchen. Lots of rain.

I think I already mentioned the Gardening Class cancellation.  I am feeling relieved.  I was already thinking about "safe space" etc. Today I am thinking more about actual gardening and finding the small headed rake with a long handle to clear leaves from the little bed of Spring bulbs on the side of the deck out the back door.   Wear my raincoat.  And a hat.  G has found a large selection of different sized rakes for me to choose from. And the dahlia tubers need potting up.  And I need to find the other two packages--I think we had four packages of tubers.

Today's cooking will be chicken soup for G and something else for me.  Pantry Soup I think. I don't know.  G has a very good book he is reading.  I found two for him. I did not find any good books for myself.  I returned the ones I had on the shelf unread.  If it's a struggle on the first few pages- I just stop.  As a last resort, I can read Wolf Hall again.  Or I will rest my eyes.  They are very tired.

And I will add to my list of books on my library site.  Two (Connie's recommendations) are in transit. I don't know what I would do without Connie.

5 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I do love a good book. Last night I figured out how to get books through the library to my Kindle. This changes everything!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Ooooo, the dahlia tubers!, YES!

Susan Sawatzky said...

The Port Townsend library closed today for the duration, meaning at least 6 weeks. Also the county library, all the schools, the hospital doesn't want any visitors, and we only have had one case, a man who got it in Kirkland and has been isolated for the last 3 weeks.

Good think I have lot of food and books I picked up off the free shelf from time to time over the last year. All is well, all shall be well.

Susan Sawatzky, Port Townsend, Washington

Angie said...

Love the piece in the picture. How can we see your book list? I'm an avid reader, and I'm always looking for new-to-me authors/books.

Joanne S said...

Angie- I will write the book list tomorrow.