Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Daily Notes- March 11


All things vegetable.  I am considering making soup.  I finished up the Pantry Soup (Dee's recipe) yesterday and need another small can of diced tomatoes and small white beans in order to make it again- sans the extra salt I added.  I could use black beans. And actually make black bean bisque which the Little Bistro used to make before it closed up and moved away.  Catering was more profitable.  The recipe- just the items listed no amounts- is in the box of index cards if I went to search it out.  I made Carrot Soup for the neighbor across the street when she broke her wrist a few years ago.  Carrot with white beans and leeks.

I have plenty of carrots, onion and celery for the coming Pandemic, but could use some potatoes and another box of elbow macaroni. And I am thinking I need to check on the boxed cereals like Cream of Wheat.  I like eating that when I am sick.  And to make that I only need water, sugar, butter and cinnamon and then I can return to sleeping on the couch with my heating pad.  

But I am not sick.  I am washing my hands.  Trying not to touch my face.

I am going to be counting copies today for Sunday's class.  Then drop off the masters and have the library make enough for the 50 people they think might arrive.  I just keep wondering if they will cancel it.  The local college- with the two students from Milan last week- have closed all athletic games.  No audience.  The Greenhouse has invited me to teach the same class on Small Space Gardening in April.  And I need to collect Small Space Gardening items in the garage and stack them up-ready to go.

Since the library is next door to the grocery store- I will buy my soup supplies and then return home. I was thinking of making Deb's Meatballs and Sauce but .......  I don't have room in the freezer for containers of meatballs.  G likes eating soup and the Quick pasta sauce I make so I will stay with the regular line up.

We stayed up late to see Steve run the numbers on the Primary results last night on MSNBC. 

No comments: