Saturday, August 10, 2019

Daily Notes- Saturday August 10


My books.  The Smiling Man must be returned unread.  I never got around to it.  I have Summer Eyes.  Meaning sticky eyes.  Allergy or what, I don't know, but sticky and smeary.  I just like closing them and resting my head on a pillow and watching tv with Riley.  Usually Law& Order.  We lucked out and got Criminal Intent.  I like those. But not able to read anything.  I will try some drops.

Riley is in panic attack mode today.  Yesterday was a good day.  Today he is walking around in circles. He can go from the TV watching place, round to the entrance hall then into the dining room and then kitchen and then back into TV room.  Around and round.  Walking and drooling.  Eyes rolling and wild.  I sprayed pheromones on the dog bed.  He has come and sat down and the scent is working.  He sleeps for 15 to 20 minutes and then walking again.  Each stop on the dog bed lasts just a bit longer.  I need to stay where I am-the couch or this chair by the computer.  Then he stays.

We had sweet corn for supper last night.  Not as good as the first two times but still-food.  G had the last tomato with mozzarella and basil.  I toasted French bread.  A good summer meal.  G had ice cream from the freezer-  I made sure there was some there.

While picking blueberries with my daughter, I noticed the zucchini plant leaves were dry and brown. So I'll go out and pull them today.  Be done with them.  Daughter is taking blueberries for her neighbor who is suffering from Lyme disease and for another friend who enjoys "clean" food.  We don't spray our berries.  So they are clean.

I picked a few more pickling cucumbers when Riley and I went out to water the tomatoes.  We also got the newspaper.  I am picking up acorns from the grass and driveway.  Not the usual big fat acorns. These are just caps with a very small flat food supply.  The squirrels are going to go hungry.  And they are falling off the trees so early.  I wish I had more knowledge of these things.  But I'm sure it's a"sign" of some future weather problem.  Or the trees are dying.  Big tall oaks.  I will do some research.

I was thinking of filling the last Grow Box and planting carrot seeds.  And when the cucumbers are finished-planting more carrots in that box.  Carrots do well in late summer and into fall.  And I like carrots.  I may plant beets in one box and carrots in the other.  I like roasted beets.

But right now, I want to finish my Morning Pages.  I had to stop in order to calm the dog.  But now I can finish them I hope.  The sun isn't shining and it's dark inside the house.  I wasn't expecting rain.

No comments: