Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Daily Notes- August 6th


Riley.  Here next to me as I type.  His muzzle is graying.

I had a lovely, long over due, coffee date with a neighbor.  We live on opposite ends of a very long, wooded street.  Each house on a one acre lot.  We never see any of the others on the street.  They drive. No one walks.  She is at the beginning.  I am at the end.

We promised not to wait so long between coffee dates.  I will keep that promise.

Riley and G had a good walk and then they watered the Tomatoes.  Riley wouldn't come in until they had been watered.  The sprinkler in the back garden is running-- as is the sprinkler out front under the two peach trees.  The peaches welcome the water and grow larger.  Changing color from green to yellow.  Some have a rosy pink shadow.  Fingers crossed that they ripen.

I have homemade (by a farmer's wife) yogurt to eat with my Bran Buds and blueberries for lunch today.  I am looking forward to it.

I finally remembered to buy red bell peppers and can now slice up the zucchini (yellow and green) and the onions and garlic and salt it all and add ice cubes.  Let it soak and release water and become crispy.  Then make pickles for the 3rd time.  In two or three days.  Thursday or Friday.

G picked up pizza last night.  I picked all the sausage off my pieces.  Was too tired to make a green salad to eat with my portion.  And I love pizza and green salad.  Next time for sure.

I have been eating the pickling cucumbers as they get to a good size.  Scrub them, cut in half longwise and add sea salt.  Eat.  Repeat. Eat.  G is still working on the first quart of refrigerator pickles.  When he starts on the second I'll see if I want to save up cucumbers for another jar. But until that day-- I'll just keep eating them warm from the sun.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Riley is looking good!