Monday, August 05, 2019

Daily Notes- August 5th


This looks like the gathering of garden things-minus the big tomato--that I bring in.  A few things-not enough for anything but a snack of sorts.  And I kept the picture from somewhere--because I liked the COLORS!   My gathering includes orange cherry tomatoes and cucumbers and blueberries and small yellow squash.  Someday soon a peach, I hope.

I finally got back to the morning pages.  I had missed a few days because of early appointments.  I am no longer used to getting up early.  So it feels rushed when I get up and have somewhere to be.  I usually have no where to be.  I also weighed myself.  Two days in a row. Same weight.  Looks like I have, over all these weeks and months, lost 14 pounds.  It doesn't seem like much when the amount I am over is so much.  But a little at a time.  I refuse to concede defeat.

My coffee is darker and stronger than usual.  Riley is barking in little static eruptions.  Like a nervous tick.  The new normal.  He asked for and was given his pills.  I asked him to eat his breakfast.  He walked away.  I topped it with a diced pill pocket. He watched.  I walked away.  He ate his breakfast. We understand each other.  He now waits while I type---- to go water the tomatoes.  The next item on his list of things to do.  A dog who has a to do list.  Remarkable.

I feel cold.  I woke up feeling cold.  I woke up because I heard (or thought I heard) something large bump into the side of the house by my bedroom.  Outside.  I woke up.  Went to look.  Went to see where G was. The dog.  I felt "disrupted".  Uneasy.  There was nothing.  The sun is shining. But I am still chilled.  Yesterday's news has put me on alert.  For loud noises.

I wrote about my previous house in my Morning Pages.  I woke this morning longing for that house. For the table by the patio doors.  Where we sat as a family of four around that first table from Georgia.  Playing cards, eating, talking. The room upstairs we used for the computer.  A long table in front of windows overlooking the street. Where I typed the Leaflet. The newsletter for the Friends of the Morton Arboretun.  I typed in columns.  On the computer.  In Germany I typed the newsletter on a typewriter.  In columns.  I see now that I was always meant to be working in journalism.  Writing.  Not always my own words but editing and typing the words of others.  I see that now--looking back. I wish I had seen it earlier in college.  How would Life have changed?

I read Grace's blog.  She is missing her previous home in New Mexico.  It's in the air.

Riley insists-- We are going to water the tomatoes.

1 comment:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

a perfect example.
Sue in Calgary's comment: "it's some aspect of the person i was in that
place that I really miss"

right?