Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Daily Notes- August 7


A new kind of jar for "fermenting".  Making sour food.  It's a "thing" I guess. Only $50.

I am resting, breathing calmly, after vacuuming the entire house with the central vac and the diabolical new hose.  That kinks.  That drives me mad. But G had installed a fresh filter and emptied the canister out in the garage.  So the vac did pick up lots of dog hair and crumbs.  And while putting away the vac hose (another venue for foul language on my part)--I stopped to notice the Swiffer Stick.  I had been thinking about buying a new one--not being able to find the old one.  And there it was. And I had never noticed it before today???????

So I Swiffered the floor with clean and shine.  Got up all the drool marks Riley has left on the floors these past few months.  I had been getting down on all fours and wiping them up with a wet towel.

I just wrote something but decide to delete it.  Wasn't worth the grief if she reads the blog.  Someone trying to FIX me.  Why do you need to be fixed if you just don't want to do the things the person wants you to do??? Like drive down a scary road to have a few drinks and then drive back on that same awful road.  If I want a gin and tonic I can make one here at home.  No driving involved.

Another tomato box tipped over.  I think it's one that has tipped over before.

I roasted however many Sungold cherry tomatoes I had on the counter and will mix them with olive oil and pasta and grated cheese for my supper today.  Yesterday G went out for dumplings and soup at the Chinese place.  I stayed home with Riley.  He'd asked me what I wanted but kept forgetting what I said, so I got nothing.  It was okay. I'm used to it.

New content from Jude today and I am choosing a book to read after I slice my vegetables for pickles. I got red peppers yesterday.  A full day- something to eat and clean floors.  A good day.
For you to, I hope!!!  and perhaps a gin and tonic.

No comments: