Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Daily Notes- August 21st

Not pictures today.  The file is messed up and I just don't have anything on the camera.  I did send a photo but it didn't arrive as a photo.

I apologize for yesterday as well.  I hadn't written my morning pages in a few days--so you sort of got unloaded on.  I'm fine.  Stressed by the dog but usually he and I rub along pretty well each day.  Today we are having some rain and it was pretty noisy on the one remaining skylight.  So he panicked.  We got thru it.

We went to the second performance of the Wizard Of Oz on our regular evening, regular seats.  It was wonderful.  The audience clapped.  Standing ovation at the end.  It was a lovely evening out. Daughter didn't have fun with the dog.  But it was the last evening of Music Theater.  We won't ask her to do this again.

As it happens-- I had a delightful conversation with a guy who is 91.  He was at the theater with his college roommate also 91.  They met and have been best friends since they were 18. I often end up having conversations with the people sitting on the folding chairs outside the theater.  Usually older folks like myself.  They went to college in Maryland.  Live in Florida now and come up to Maine for the Summer.  Live on the ocean.  Told me where- asked if I knew the place-I did.  Nice up there.  Not many people around.  Just nature.

All thru school- for sure junior high, high school, college- I never spoke one word to a stranger.  I just missed so much in Life.  I keep hoping to go back in Time and have a "do over" but knowing what I know now-for just enough Time to get myself off on a new foot.  The right foot.  I sometimes imagine it.  Talking.  Yep--no magical stunts.  Just actually talking to people.  I never did it. Would like to go back and see how it changed things for me.  Magical Thinking.

The rain has stopped.  It's Wednesday and I keep thinking it's Saturday.  A few green tomatoes are picking up some color.  A tiny change.

I am thinking when the humidity lets up in the coming weeks I will try asking the neighbor at the end of the street if she'd like to walk.  Talk.  Just get out of the house.  We used to do that years ago. Before I had Riley and she had Harry.  I hope she says yes.  At least once.  Not today.  It's too humid, wet and buggy.

No comments: