Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Daily Notes- August 13th


I wrote this into a journal many years ago.  Years before 2008.  My dad was still alive and I took this small journal with me.  With email addresses and phone numbers.  Doctors and lawyers.  My dad recovered and I returned home to my job at the library.

Paint everyday could be translated into sew everyday,  Crochet, knit, string beads etc.  I agree with buy the best you can afford.  If you make something amazing and the materials are less than you would want them to be--will you be happy?  I have good scissors, irons for pressing, and a very good sewing machine--a real splurge many years ago.  It looks like a Singer treadle up against the computerized sewing machines of today-but it gets the job done.  And it does have the tiniest of computer systems.

Find a way to support yourself.  Art isn't going to pay the bills or rent-that's what that means.

Success grows from failure.  That about sums up everything we might try.

It doesn't mention doubt.  In ourselves.  In our vision of what it is we are trying to create.

And the best:  not on the list.  Where will you be in 5, 10, 20 years if you just don't even TRY.

Sometimes just carrying on, just carrying on, is the super human achievement.

The movie yesterday was Yesterday.  About that beautiful Beatles music.  And a guy who gets hit by a bus and looses half his front teeth.  The perfect movie for August.


2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Sometimes carrying on . . . That's an awesome one!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree. Sometimes carrying on is the most difficult.