Friday, August 30, 2019

Daily Notes- August 30


Weaving strips of cloth.   Not Knowing.  I have been doing things the past few days that I haven't done in years.  Re-connecting with my more impractical self.

Riley got in the car yesterday.   He and G went to get pizza.  He was panting a lot- anxiety- but he got into the car.  So, today, if we can get him in--we'll all three go to Dairy Queen.  Huge Treat!!!

Last night the top (center) of my peach tree cracked and broke.  That might be all she wrote. The tree might die.  But right now my problem is the peaches.  So I am giving everyone on my street a big bag of peaches.  I don't want to waste what my tree produced.  I guess it should have been pruned hard in the Spring.  But since it had never made a single peach--I didn't think I needed to do that.  And now the load from the peaches I allowed to crowd the tree-- I may have killed it.  Life is a series of lessons and I didn't pay enough attention to this one.  And I never, never expected to get so many peaches.

My shoulder pain from the shingles shot is now gone.  A full five days.  Just remember --if you get the booster --your shoulder is going to hurt for 5 days.  Plan accordingly.

I have to put an ankle brace on my right ankle--it's acting up and hobbling around takes too much energy.  So, now that I've had breakfast--three bananas that won't make it another day and coffee- I am going out to pick peaches.  I think I will put them in the wheelbarrow and just roll it up the street. Later in the day when people are home from work.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH SOB! i wish i lived on your street!
do you know that Scandinavian recipe that is between a custard and a dutch baby?
That is something that gets fresh peaches (laced with honey)ladled on serving, over the top. Could you freeze some/get your daughter over there to help! oh drat! that is a dang shame! happy dairy queen, i got my fingers crossed -ml

Anonymous said...

me too,wish I lived on your street! Imagine,having to give away fresh peaches. A few years ago I would drive up, but now I'm like you and don't drive distances, especially on the interstate!! Horrors : )
Annie

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Fingers crossed that you have a blizzard on this last day of August