Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Daily Notes- October Three


From Art Propelled

We got all sorts of household things done yesterday.  Goodwill had a different pot from the one I had not purchased Sunday ($10) for what seemed like too high a price.  But after thinking about it--it seemed okay.  When I arrived in that department and shelving unit--there was a very tall sturdy pot, with lid and nice handles sticking out from the sides.  Easy to lift.  Five dollars.  Aluminum.

At the cash register I was asked if I qualified for the "special pricing" of the day?  I asked what that might be.  Senior Citizen Day.  I said loud and clear--"why yes, I'm 72".  So the pot was four dollars.

We also visited the discount store Reny's and G selected bags of bird seed for all the birds we feed all winter.  And we realized at the checkout that they had no working cash registers.  All by hand on paper with calculators.  G read off the long series of barcode numbers on each bag. I hope the clerks got extra pay.

And last but never least......the rally in Mississippi.


No comments: