Sunday, October 07, 2018

Daily Notes- October Seven


Art Propelled

Still hung  up on the dark side of cloth.  But on the stove top--a small stainless restaurant pot and vinegar and the last four sumac seed heads.  I read some of my notes on eco printing/cloth coloring and saw a notation "to keep the pink, use vinegar" so that's what I am trying.  Otherwise I get a really beautiful silver grey or pewter but would like a piece of pink.  If the vinegar doesn't work--well, another beautiful grey.

Goodwill today--earlier--Riley is getting his walk now that we are home.  It's cooler now so he can come in the car with us.  At home, he is having panic attacks when alone.  The three of us are showing our age.

G and Riley got home from their walk in the woods and they had collected "fall leaves in pretty oranges and reds" and an interesting fern--for my cloth printing.  Wasn't that thoughtful of the two of them?  I may need to set a pot cooking later today.  The new pot that will be the only one I use for this cooking of plants and cloth.  Food Safety.

I found some cute little Halloween bags with pumpkin faces--- for the twin boys who are the only ones who come to call.  Also a big bag of assorted candy--some of which I like.  Well, most of which I like.  But the boys will bet most and a toy.  From the attic.  Perhaps they'll get a bag of Beanie Baby worms, spiders and bugs?  I certainly have enough of those around.

I made G his favorite tomato soup yesterday and I have a chopped vegetable salad in the fridge that I made yesterday.  It's very good--lots of chewing.  Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sunflower seeds and a coleslaw type dressing.  I'm going to add pumpkin seeds.  And some dry cranberries.  Make it Seasonal.  Ha!

No comments: