Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Daily Notes- October 2



From Art Propelled this image and the one from yesterday by Lotte Helleberg

More eco prints from a Swedish artist working in America.  She has a website.  I think the leaves she used for this are fresh pecan leaves.  Clamped and steamed.   I haven't tried clamping.  Yet.

Another cold dark wet day.  A bad start here as my husband was messing around (literally) here on the computer and I found I was locked out of my blog this morning.  And, of course, he forgets what he has done.  The stress here seems impossible somedays and I just grit my teeth and hope things can be straightened out.  Memory issues are like walking an emotional tightrope.

We will be going out later to Goodwill to see if the kettle I didn't buy Sunday is still available and then to a store to buy a future Christmas gift while "supplies last".

The homemade Brownies are indeed "very dark" and quite delicious.  I had two very thin slivers.  So much dark chocolate and caffeine late in the day is not good for sleeping.  The recipe asked for dark unsweetened baking chocolate and cocoa powder.  Only ⅓ cup flour.  The boys at the greenhouse would have cleaned the pan in less than five minutes.

I have two large bags of red peppers in the fridge--I must use them, freeze them or give them away.  This is the way of the garden.  Waiting so very long into the season for a red pepper and then suddenly too many.  When it would have been so nice to have two or three each week in August and September.  So 12 or15 in October.  All at once.  I think I will slice and fry a few of them with an onion and perhaps fold into a soft flour tortilla.  Or look on the internet for a recipe.

No comments: