Friday, October 12, 2018

Daily Notes- October 12



 Nest Cleaning.  For Company.

I am halfway into the kitchen cleaning.  The refrigerator is done.  All the shelves and jars and bottles washed and wiped dry.  The recycling container is full.  The dishwasher--seldom used these days-- is loaded with the empty containers from the fridge.

I have the guest bedroom yet.  Still removing my cloth and things that get piled in there.  Then will clean and vacuum and make the bed up.  Ready for Tuesday--which was coming slow but not is coming fast.

Riley and G have just returned from their walk.  Riley isn't eating.  This always worries me and then--out of nothing--he eats and asks for more.  Which we give.  An old dog--new habits.

My second try at eco printing in the new Aluminum Pot with Good Handles.   Heats up fast.  The cloth is still not what I imagined but it is good.  Getting better impressions.  I have to wait until after company to try a third time.  Dipping the leaves in rust water and then onto the cloth. See how that goes for me.  The Sumac pot still giving color.  A commercial red and white floral-- very Civil War-- but too white.  In the pot and (aged)-- perfect if I want to finish things begun 20 years ago.  Or for a Baltimore Beauty.  Many loose ends here.

Whatever I do--they will be hybrids.  Open pollinated by the internet.

2 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

You might enjoy this Joanne,

http://katebridger.wixsite.com/nestbuilding/single-post/2016/07/06/Learn-The-Lingo

Joanne S said...

I did enjoy it and copied the list into my journal because I'm eclectic and "design by accumulation"