Sunday, October 28, 2018

Daily Notes- October 28


Fairy Mushrooms.  Pixby image.

The only mushroom we see are the white caps that seem to grown from nothing into something--overnight.  Inedible.  I once upon a time, tried making felt mushrooms like this for my Christmas Tree.  I may try again.  My hand/sewing skills have matured and I am happy to work slowly these days. And I think (know) that there is beige felt and red felt in the Magic Attic. I'll take my son up there to help me look.  And to look at his big storage box of vintage Legos.  Daughter also has stored vintage Legos--castles.  From 1982 to 1986.

Lots of wind and rain but mostly to our south.  Where they had power outages.  Downed trees.

Daughter stopped by and went on our travels with us today.  Goodwill.  Chinese food lunch.  Grocery.
And now she has gone home and I am settling in for an evening with Hallmark and old Christmas movies.  On the mysteries channel.  They are "emotional" and often make me cry.  I'm in the mood for that.  All of them are "new" to me as I have been only watching the regular "happy" Hallmark movies.

Our son arrives tomorrow and I may not find time to post while he is here for his 5 days a year.  Got to pack as much mothering as possible in this small space.  Not that he allows much but we do play board or card games in the evenings.  Like we did when both children were in their teens and home from college.  Before iPhones and video games.  Real "face time".


4 comments:

DianeN said...

Have a wonderful visit with your son!

MariMo said...

Enjoy your special family time.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

will look forward to your return after the Visit.

Joanne S said...

So far it's been wonderful!!!