Thursday, October 25, 2018

Daily Notes- October 25


The Full Moon was eagerly trying to get into my bedroom last night.  Through the blinds.  Lighting up the room.  Lighting up the yard outside when I got up to look.  Riding high in the clear night sky. Bringing the first hard frost to Maine.

We (G, Riley and I) are falling quickly into our Winter patterns.  Up early, breakfast, and then wanting a nap.  Eating all meals a few hours earlier than usual and in bed by 10.

I am dreaming again.  Not many all summer and now they come each night.  Strange, puzzling dreams.  Last night I was getting married.  Had lost my wedding dress--found it and then the shoes were missing.  House full of bridesmaids.  Odd.  I had none when I actually got married.  Perhaps now I would have a houseful of bridesmaids.  From the internet.  All of you! Well, that is a happy thought to carry with me. Perhaps what the Moon was trying to tell me.

My coffee friend gifted me with the remaining art supplies from her short adventure in drawing--a class she took but didn't enjoy.  She found she enjoyed the paper more than the drawing. Folding. More pencils, Grace! And some kneaded erasers which I love.  And two lovely small sketchbooks.  I was very happy.  Last time she gave me indigo seeds.   I give her bags of vegetables from my garden.  Yesterday the last red bell peppers. She roasted hers.  And now I will roast mine using her method.

I think my flour tortilla today will hold roasted red peppers.

I need to go into the Ordinary Attic to find the rest of my Winter thermal shirts.  Take my summer linen shirts up.  Make the exchange.  I am thinking I will make alterations to the wide cowl collars on two cashmere sweaters. Roll them and stitch them.  Perhaps fold the wide collars over and add a button.  I don't wear them as they are.  Perhaps adjusted they will be......better?.  I may also look for other cashmere at Goodwill.  To add to the bottom edges--make the two of them longer. They were poor choices. Or perhaps on my visit to the attic I will find another sweater to cut and sew onto those two unfortunate sweaters?  I am wondering if they are even warm?



2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

My favorite linen shirt, pale yellow with a stand-up collar is incredibly warm worn under a cotton sweater, but then I will sleep in the snow.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Kneaded Es....so magic how they lift
One delicate layer at a time