Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Daily Notes- October 24



Circles.  I love them.

Woke today to alternating rain and snow.  Yep.  SNOW.  Up North here in Maine-12 inches.  It rained and snowed and now has stopped.  Kind of a gray day.  House lights are on, heat is on.  Only hot food from here on........

Went out in the wetness for the long awaited coffee date with my friend.  Conversation in the little Town coffee house.  Almost all the seats taken.  It's a lovely welcoming spot.

By the time we had finished with our conversations, the rain had stopped.  I had a few errands so I walked.  Music Theater to buy next summer's seats.  Then the grocery--lucky for me they had Arnica cream for my sore thumb.  That meant no long walk to the Health Food Store. And no temptation to buy a good loaf of their bread.

Grace, the Arnica cream seems to be having a good effect.  Perhaps I will be able to do some hand sewing in the days ahead.

I roasted some peeled and cubed sweet potato with oil and taco seasonings from a packet yesterday.  Then rolled the soft spicy cubes up in a warm flour tortilla with red onion, yellow cheese and avocado.  Delicious. I have enough to have another one today.  Or I can mix it all into a bowl of steamed rice.  Life is good when the food is good.

1 comment:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Arnica WORKS on any injury. The more immediate to the injury the faster, but. Always works glad you are trying it