Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Daily Notes- October Ten


Give Us Our Daily Bread

It's been a long Time since I baked bread.   Like this in the cast iron pot.  A good crusty boule.

It felt like religion when I baked bread - like the process was a prayer.  Perhaps remembering a Time when that was what it was.

I am foggy brained. It happens in Fall when too many spores and things are in the Air making my head stuffy, my nose runny and my eyes itchy or dry.  Death.  Decay.  Sadness.  Tears. But it also seems quite beautiful.

I am really wanting to set aside all the cleaning and get a few bundles of cloth and leaves into the dye pot.  The new Goodwill dye pot.   I can do chores while they steam.  So after I hit publish here--it's up to the Magic Attic (perfect name, Deborah) to get blank cloth from the bolt I purchased so many years ago. After it's hand washed (scrubbed) and rinsed I can let the magic begin.

The small restaurant pot still holds the sumac drupes and cider vinegar--- I take out a cloth and add a cloth, add thread and let it go--color keeps happening.  Today, a cloth with pattern.  To see what happens to commercial printed cloth.  It would seem to be the truth--that I wasted the other drupes.  Not knowing they could continue to give color.  It's all about being open to new information or knowledge. This sumac pot is small-- possible a quart size.  It holds only two small cloths at once. Not meant for stove top heating.  Meant for holding cut items to add to restaurant food.  I have more but they have drainage holes in the bottoms.  The ones with holes fit into the ones without.  The things I didn't know could be used this way.   I use them on the restaurant stainless table--in the garage as a potting bench.

And they can now be both.  For starting plants and for using the plants as they die in Autumn.

2 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

the sacred table in the garage

Deb Lacativa said...

So THIS is what I can use that cast iron pot for! I have one that has three little legs, like a cauldron. Bread!