Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Pictures From My Life- February 6


Rachel Collins from Art Propelled

Overthinking.  Overworking.  These are the two points at which my art works come to a complete halt or fail miserably.  I am at that point with two pieces.

I need to let them both go.  And....perhaps that is what I did with the unfinished items in the Attic? Let them go.  I could not see a clear path forward for the work in progress, and instead of continuing to "get it wrong", I just stopped and packed it up.

Which is why none of the fabrics used are packed up with the UFO.

And also, the things I am wanting to make, the style of them, might not be "for me".  I may have to dig my way onto my own path. Again.  I am forever "falling for" the work of others.  Sigh.

My eyes went "greasy" again as I read my way thru a very good book. A Twist in Time by Julie McElwain.  If you like mysterious time travel, you'll like this.  Maybe.  This is book two.  The first is A Murder in Time.  I do not put up with badly written books.  Or books with crap plot lines.

As to my eyes--I  have fingers crossed that my new lenses arrive soon?

Now....back to the sewing machine and my little 3 inch squares.  When nothing else is working--the little squares usually calm me down.  I'll be sewing strips of three to other strips of three.

Teaching a class on Edible Landscaping this weekend.  No one has signed up as of today so we'll see how it turns out?

No comments: