Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Pictures From My Life- February 14


Jane Kenyon- ArtPropelled

Happy Valentine's Day.  I often wonder what my college art professors would have thought if I handed in something like this in Painting 101.  We tended to scrape off a painting if it didn't work. Now you just keep painting over things until..well, it looks like this.

The house feels cold this morning.  Yesterday was warm (for Maine in February) My eyes are itching and I am going over what I had for meals yesterday to try and figure out the allergy culprit.  Nothing comes to mind as being "new or different".

G took me to a different Goodwill location yesterday as a "treat" and I was happy to find three new shirts for me and a pair of pretty print summer pants.  Pink.  At the cash register I was asked my age. Well, I was asked if I was older than 60.  I said yes I am older than 60- I'm 71.  And I got 20% off my entire purchase.  The sales associate also said I didn't look old.  Thank you.

G welcomed me to the breakfast table with gift wrapped Twizzlers.  Just what I wanted for my Valentine.  Then the doorbell rang and daughter hand delivered Turtle candies from the candy factory where she is working for the Winter.  And the neighbor sent over a squeaky dog toy for Riley.
The only one without a Valentine is G.  We'll see what happens.  We had our Valentine restaurant meal yesterday when things were more relaxed.

I usually work on Valentine's Day-at the greenhouse-- so this is my first holiday at home in 10 years.  It's nice. Daughter was off to work at the Candy Factory and she said it was going to be CRAZY.

1 comment: