Friday, February 23, 2018

Pictures From My Life- February 23


More of my painted fabric with a bit of that used up favorite fabric for the flower stem and then over the right.  The left flower was cut from another painted piece of fabric.  What is so interesting about the painted fabric? It doesn't fade or even wash out when washed.  I put it on thick and it is rather hard to had stitch.  Machine? Like buttah! But I did need to change out needles more often than with regular cottons.  I used invisible thread on the zigzag setting.

I took apart a piece that wasn't working and now have a 12 inch square of the green circles to use before needing to paint more.  I can't even recall the last time I painted fabric this way.

I'm making a definite CHOICE today to be more involved.  To be more pro-active.  To think positive and constructive thoughts--rather than not think ANY thoughts (which is what I have been doing). Not thinking makes a long Winter day--even longer.

A small and very expressive chipmunk has taken up residence in G's truck engine.  He came out to check who was walking near his home--out of the engine and onto the piece holding the tire on.  Sort of like his front porch.  We stood like that--looking each other up and down--sizing up the situation--and then he decided I was nothing to worry about and went back inside the engine.  I continued down the driveway to get the morning paper.

What am I watching:  Curling.  PBS's Wuthering Heights but the second part was so confusing.  I still don't know why so many women love this story?? Top Chef.  Alienist.  Thinking about watching Netflix for the Frankenstein Chronicles and in March for season 2 of Jessica Jones.

Right now I am going to find out when the waning moon is in Cancer for starting seeds.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Loving your painted pieces

Carol said...

I'm Enjoying seeing your refound squares. Would you consider sharing some information on your technique? Kind of paints or dyes used and type of fabric. Process for setting the paints etc. You achieve such beautiful and interesting colors.

Joanne S said...

Why, Yes, Carol, I would be delighted to show you how to paint fabric. Stay tuned for a tutorial.
I'll "have" to paint fabric in order to take pictures of the very easy process.

Carol said...

Thanks! Looking forward to the tutorial