Saturday, February 10, 2018

Pictures From My Life- February 10

 Two Sewing Caddy's From The Attic Boxes

Silk and velvet.  Embroidered and be-jewelled.
Circa:  2000-2004

Both of these are finished.  The ribbon on the top of the picture was used to tie the caddy closed when I traveled.  Kept all my sewing needles and threads together.  Scissors.  The silk and velvet was sewn in a crazy quilt pattern and then all sorts of threads and needs and stitchery was added.  The more the better.  I taught classes of between 4 and 12 women how to make these.  I brought a huge section of fabrics, threads and beads.  I asked them to look thru their sewing boxes and jewelry cases--see what was there.  Charms worked well.  The circular ends of the caddy are padded to hold needles when in use.

In snowed again last night.  So the roads were sloppy this morning.  g drove me to work ( teaching a class today) and I set up and waited.  No one came.  Which was okay--I had so many re-pots to do and people were buying plants and pots and I did those--so I was busy.  And then at around lunchtime I "taught" a seed starting class in the aisle by the seed starting soil and trays.  About 30 minutes of questions and answers between the four of us.  So-a class.  My employer suggested I just walk around the store and start talking--gather a crowd.  I could make a "talking stick" announcing my intention to talk.

That "talking stick" thing just flew into my head.  There is such a thing--it's passed around and only the person holding the stick can talk.  Does anyone reading this know more about it???

I got my new prescription installed in my glasses frames yesterday.  I can see.  I can read. I am over the moon happy.  I read almost an entire big fat murder/crime/mystery from Denmark or Sweden.  No problems.  My left eye got used to the new prescription pretty fast.  Really such a mood changer to not be struggling with focusing your eyes.

I had a number of conversations with my co-workers.  It was nice to have these conversations and catch up on their "doings" as someone in my family used to say.  It was also nice to share my knowledge of plants with the customers.  Today was a very good day.  I am thankful.


1 comment:

MariMo said...

Good afternoon! The talking stick is used in shamanism. Who ever holds it, talks and tells about whatever is important to him, and nobody has the right to interrupt.