Sunday, February 25, 2018

Pictures From My Life- February 25


More from the archives.  The green painted fabric, the blue and a tiny bite of orange.  The gray fabric with writing is a "decorator fabric"-- I was wanting writing, script for my work at this point in time. I learned later from a quilting friend--that I could just scribble on fabric all by myself.

I don't think this piece "worked" because it doesn't seem to have a focal point.  Just all over the place. Again, I don't like the grey fabric at the top.  Cropping to a shorter, long side would help--just at the top of the blue section.

Yesterday was dark but warm.  Like Spring.  At around 11am it started snowing and now the plow truck just came by and blocked us into the driveway.  Still Winter.  G is out with the snowblower. It's the wet heavy kind of snow.  Not the best kind to pick up with the blower.  He'll be tired and out of sorts when he comes in.

Remember I mentioned working on a nine patch from Jude Hill's Cloth Whispering series?  Well, after many (way many) false starts I have a few more seams to hand sew and I'll have a nine patch. I started with the public side of the background squares and then decided to use the backside.  I appliquéd  circles to them and then removed the circles and used their backsides also.  So all the fabric is backside up.  Faded.  Soft.  Whispering.

Once they are together I can decide if it's going to be a square or a rectangle.  Then make three more squares if its rectangle (12 patch).  It has a name.  Moon Garden.  I have no idea what happens next.
The prompts are Theme, Story, Base, Grid, Surprise.  I guess I need to work on Story.

The stitching is nice to have...my right shoulder blade is acting up again.  No shooting nerve pain at this point but it aches.  It feels like it did after the nerve pain went away.

Lunch today was roasted organic beets from a local farm (cold storage) and soft fresh mozzarella cheese, olive oil and Balsamic vinegar.  My white bowl has a puddle of deep red delicious juices.
I know on cold days we should eat warm things but I wanted to taste something cold and fresh today.


No comments: