Friday, February 02, 2018

Pictures From My Life- February 2


Overnight snow on the weeping crab tree next to the front door.  I figured out-- today---finally how to change or enhance the pictures I take.  Now if I can figure out how to brighten the color contrast in pictures with color..... but here is an enhanced black and white image.  Now, do you want the pictures larger?  I know some blogs are all about the pictures but usually they are selling a "lifestyle".

The fencing you see around the bottom is to save my hosta (planted around the base of the tree) from deer.  Yes, I have deer coming up this close to my front door.   My peach trees are also enclosed in wire fencing.  The deer will eat every branch off the young peach trees.

Been amazed at the voice of a singer profiled on PBS last night.  Zesham B- Cryin In The Streets--you can see and hear him on U-Tube.  I know there is a way to connect you right to that site--but it's been a long time since I tried that and...just not feeling it, right now.

"more and more I find that life is a series of disappearances followed, usually, but not always by re-appearances"  Russell Hoban Fremder

I think as we grow older--more disappearances than re-appearances.  But, in my life right now--things I made long ago and forgot, are reappearing and that is a very good thing.  I have been "doing the math" (a line from The Martian--whenever you hit a problem--do the math) and I think my life expectancy (save getting hit by a bus) is around 86, possibly longer.  I have always said I would try for 100.  We'll see.  So---14 years on the low side to get things in order.  Death Cleaning if you've heard of that.  Cleaning up your own clutter and mess before you go.


1 comment:

MariMo said...

Death cleaning - definitely. As we drive a lot around Morocco in summer, country with the highesr traffic accident rate in Africa (!!!), being realists, we have already shifted over a big part of our real estate properties to Hich, that's one of the advantages of having only one child - it is so clear who will inherit it all at the end - so why not see him enjoy it now, whilst we're still around?! Our library spic-and-span, given most of our books away to friends and relatives. Basement tippie-toppie, feels good!