Friday, October 11, 2024

Daily Notes- on a Sunshiny October Friday....grass has been mowed- hope some of the acorns got sucked into the mower.


 Buck Bank Hill by Andrew Gifford- Coming out of a Shadow Images.

Reading the morning paper.....Living thru the Republican spin on FEMA.  Smoke, Shadows and Lies. Someone named Margery was quoted as saying the hurricane never happened. Next up- the Earth is flat and we might slide off the edges........ send money......  

Reading Katherine Center's The Bodyguard.  I might just start over and read it twice.  Then read the next book- the Rom-Commers yet again.  Two of last week's picks are going back unread- first 20 pages- no go. I will also check the shelves to see if there are others....she has written quite a few books.

Groceries and Library today.  Big Excitement.

I haven't cooked or baked anything....I have eaten almost everything in the fridge that was mine... The cough syrup has helped tremendously to stop the dry cough..... my hands keep typing couch.  Not cough.

So...Life goes on.  No to the propane people showing up. sigh. I need to call on Monday.

My tea is warm not hot so I'd best take my vitamins....before I forget.  90% of my morning pills are vitamins... plus my tiny statin and a Tylenol.  I doubt the statin even registers......the Tylenol...not sure it has any affect on the old thigh bone and joints..which ache most days now that I am officially OLD. I walk like I need a support system to make sure I don't fall down.  My thigh bone injury predates my Son by 7 months. and here we are together... my painful unstable thigh bone and my middle aged son.

For years and years I identified the injury as my hip...it was ALWAYS my thigh bone. My new- really abrupt doctor corrected me on my first actual visit.  Showed me the X-Ray... went back to typing and we didn't say anything else to each other....until the nurses came to give me shots and take me down to the lab..for bloodwork....then I went home.

Yep...I have to finally admit to Old Age.  Plan out the movements of getting into and out of my very tall poster bed without face planting.  I usually just fold and roll. Hope my feet touch first not my face.

That's it for today....I have on a linen shirt (over a long sleeved thermal) not the usual sweater and I am feeling a chill.  The wool sweater belonged to my husband and he never wore it...his other sweaters are cotton....useless. Going to Goodwill.



No comments: