Thursday, October 10, 2024

A sunny Thursday in October....50 degrees.


 New artist. Andrew Grifford Coming Out of a Shadow.  A series I will have here.

So..I got a call at around 3 pm from my Master Gardener Classmate.....a lecture at the library on drying food for storage.... dehydrating. 6 pm.  We sliced apples while listening to the speaker.  There was a raffle of sorts for the big dehydrator...my Classmate- a very charming woman- won... Neither of us could lift the thing. Let alone carry to the car....

The largest takeaway here.....she invited me and I said yes.  I can't believe it either.

I haven't turned on the TV as yet to see what happened in Florida.  The newspaper is here but would not have overnight news.  

Son is feeling cold and wants more heat.

I haven't made soup as yet.  I was reading a book- The Marrying Game by Kate Saunders.  Sort of Pride and Prejudice.  I think I wrote Little Women yesterday- I was wrong.  Actually very modern take on Pride and Prejudice.  I have a few others in my bookcase... I tend to collect them.  There is a series about a family of decendents of a Raja that I love reading and re- reading..... I should do that again.  I had read the Marrying Kind before....years ago I think but recalled some of it towards the end.

While at the Library I returned books and picked up two reserves that had arrived...

I ate the cut off ends of the apples my Master Gardener Classmate was cutting into slices.  I was nervous the entire time she had a knife in hand.  She's a nurse so would be expert at blood stoppage. And the knife wasn't sharp enough to cut smoothly.  I seemed like the only one not wearing yoga clothing..even the men.  Which of these people doesn't belong here........ Also I hadn't brought a sports water bottle with me.   I always feel so very strange. Here.  There.  Like a visitor from another World. Even Here.

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

I'm so glad you went to the gardening class! You really should make the onion soup. That sounds so good. My parents had onion soup bowls. The ceramic brown ones with the post that sticks straight out as a handle. I assume they were probably super oven safe so you could broil the big slice of bread and cheese on top. I've never made onion soup and have no idea where the bowls went.