Sunday, October 13, 2024

Another Chilly October Morning- Sunday the 13th. Short Power Outage. Minutes not hours.


 David Hockney Pop Art.

So...the power went out this morning or overnight...we had a great deal of wind.  Son said he was very happy to hear the blower on the heating system making noise.... I slept thru the excitement. Had to reboot the computer....Always fun to see if I remember the log in.....

I read a book yesterday- ...I had thought it was one I had started and not enjoyed but...it was one I had enjoyed reading and I enjoyed it yet again.  What You Save In A Fire.  K. Center. Same author as The Bodyguard and the Rom-Commers.  There are more- Just have to find them.

Today's book is Not The Girl You Marry.  Role swapped How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days. We'll see. I have ten more books so if today's doesn't catch me right away- I'll move on.

Pizza on deck for  Football Sunday.  I watch the games- my Son does not.  I also read while watching the games.  Daughter did laundry and now Son is doing laundry....I have a basket full myself.  Daughter's washer is fixed but now her drains are clogged.  It's a very old house.

Trying to turn over a New Leaf.  Pay bills as they arrive not wait until I have three or four and then write checks.  I liked the old way very very much- this new way seems.... sigh.

The deer have come each evening and eaten parts (foliage) of the Ornamental Planters...Last night my Son reports they finished off the large one.  I am not in the mood today to empty, sift artificial soil, and carry the planters back to the side yard.  I'll think about it tomorrow... (Gone with the Wind)

Wow my neck is feeling chilly....Winter, is coming....sigh. Even with the Sun.

In the paper, a family looking for their Wife/Mother find her pocket book in the mud but not her......she was swept away in the hurricane flooding.  Heartbreaking.


1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I loved reading What You Save In A fire. I can't tell you what it was about, but I remember enjoying it.