Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Field Notes- Waking up to frozen water in the birdbaths. Sunshine.


 Coffee Cups.  Tea Cups.  I like the brownish one with the large green handle.  Fat bottom. 

I am reading a paperback- the small kind with tiny print.  Mad. Bad and Blonde.  Cathie Linz. 2010. Old school romance.  Sort of like the high school ridiculous movies.  A retired Military guy and a newly blonde, former Librarian turned Investigating Agent.  She got dumped at her wedding.  Not as ANGRY as Agnes of Agnes and the Hitman.....yet...but the Military guy is loosing his grip. Keeps showing up. Black Mustang.  I'm thinking of you Deb L.

This would have made a GREAT MOVIE.  A classic.  Grubby and nasty enough with all sorts of good opportunities for named actors to do little crazy pervy parts..with the viewer whooping it up when they showed up.  My imagination is running wild.  

Two thirds in and will be very very sad when I get to the last page.

When I finished a recent, really spicy book, I found a site for "if you liked this book, you'll like these" and I ordered them.  It's taking forever for the lending libraries to get them to me.  Blame it on Paris was one of the four I ordered from my library.  Racing the Sun was another and the last one is When Franny Stands Up.  But today I finish up Mad. Bad and Blonde.  And will probably read it a second time...right after I turn the last page.

I am going to try and find Smart Girls Think Twice ..... I might look up- if you enjoyed Mad, Bad and Blonde you might enjoy these books........yep.



No comments: