Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Field Notes- November 1st. Percentages of how many of us will develop dementia as we age. 10 to 30%


 One More Crayon Sculpture.

We had two groups of Treaters yesterday.  The Twins from down the street with a friend.  And later a group of very well mannered Teens.  Yes Mam, No Sir.  Thank you etc.  I don't know where they live. I should have asked.  But then that would have been weird.  I had to give away my Kit Kat bars.  I had them in the freezer.  On the Sports show they discussed freezing candy before eating.  Making it more wonderful.  Peanut butter cups would benefit.  Snickers.  The Kit Kat would have been amazing frozen.

Started the day with a nice hot shower.  My skin feels silky smooth.  I have on long, ankle length green linen pants my daughter found at Goodwill recently- this is the first time I am wearing them.  A white shirt I've owned for possibly 20 years.  Long sleeves rolled a bit.  I will be wearing red shoes. I wish I had a red leather Coach bag.  They stopped making style the bag I like....before I realized I wanted them in more colors.  

I saw a customer in the greenhouse one day (years ago when I was still working).  With the bag, exact style I like, in RED.  My heart stopped for a second or two.  I caught up with her and she said she had gotten it from a second hand retailer. The retailer had searched for it for her- it took a very long time to find one...she said. I didn't even bother asking if she wanted to sell it.

I think about it every time I wear the red shoes. I have, more likely than not, written about this before. Here.

Lunch date in 90 minutes. I am reading Fast Women by Crusie.  A smaller sized  hardcover the library bought- getting rid of the older edition.  I missed out on it on the throw away carts.  The printing company dropped words when they got to the margins in this new Fun Sized book. I've only gotten to page 67 and I lost count of how many words are missing.  The margins are VERY straight. Their focus. Some of those words mattered.

Now that I am taking the elevator to the second floor where the puzzles are-----I get to notice the empty shelving in non Fiction.  It's....profound.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a friendly warning ... be careful not to break a tooth on the frozen candy😉 !

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Frozen Reese cups are the ONLY way to really enjoy them. I just eat the frozen chocolate shell and feel very virtuous.

Deb Lacativa said...

I freeze Oreos..the weird flavored kind. You can't bite them. Have to gnaw them like a chipmunk.