Sunday, November 20, 2022

Field Notes- Sunday November 20th Sunshine. 36 degrees. Football. Pizza.


 Rose Hips.  I used to have roses.  Here in the garden beds.  They didn't like the climate of my yard. Too cold.  So I have three straggling, struggling roses left......one has produced a small pink blossom in November.  

I feel like I am a rosebud in November as well.

News from Number One on my street.  Our neighbor "Star" with dementia is dead.  No details from her drug dealer/lying son......just that he is "enjoying a very large inheritance and Coca Cola stock shares" and her house and her car etc..  My daughter wondered if they forgot to feed her.

I was going to put forgot in quote marks "forgot".  Because, here on my street, we can guess how it went. And Social Services did not get involved. They were also "Conned". You see...my brother did the same to our mother. And when the money was gone- so was he.

At some point, in the next hour or so, I will cry.  Ugly crying.  For that poor woman.  Not right now.

Before I knew....... I had taken the sheets off my bed and turned the mattress and now I have sheets to wash and new, fresh ones to put on the bed.......so...I will cry while making the bed and doing a load of wash.   We were never close.  I would find and return her dog when she lost him (Riley found the dog mostly) so that was years ago....  I walked her home that summer she came here everyday.  I charged her iPhone.  I offered her sparkling orange flavored Italian Water.  Her favorite.

I didn't do enough. But....I had my own problems to deal with here....and knowing what my Future would be like (with her in front of me)....made my own situation even more terrifying.  And sociopaths can run a very believable Con.  I know that from experience.

No comments: