Saturday, November 19, 2022

Field Notes- Sunny, Chilly Saturday in Maine. Actually ...blinding Sunshine.


 Green Bean Casserole.  Seeing this image a lot on the Hallmark Channel Movies- Campbell Soup must be a Big Sponsor.  It's not an attractive dish of food......but I do love it.  Made it the first time as a married woman.  We never had this when I was growing up.  Love at first bite for me.  Not so much for my family but I make it every year anyway.   Especially now- when I ONLY make the Side Dishes.  For myself.

Husband was hysterically funny when he said he loved Thanksgiving Dinner at his recent doctor's visit....so not the truth as for the past few years he eats NONE of it.

My eyes are dry and blurry.   I paid bills.  Meaning I wrote checks and licked envelopes and stuck on stamps.  It was Good.  

I had fun with the stock market page in the newspaper.  Looking for the stocks that tanked the most and then the ones that did very very well.  Most Tech stocks lost money in the double digits. Musky. Crypto. The Alphabets. Amazon. Netflix which was a surprise.  Prime is beating them down pretty good. LockheedMarietta is BOOMING.  I asked my dad to buy me that one in high school for a class--he got me ATT instead. Or Lockheed was the one I wanted in the 60's (when they flew those GIGANTIC THINGS over our Marietta apartment.  And I could see the tire tread.....)  I might have chosen US Steel in high school.  Anyway.............ATT was and is a loser stock. It never moves. Lockheed for the win.

I would sell ATT but it isn't enough to buy anything fantastic.........

I watched two movies with Steve Lund in them (Hallmark).  In the new one his hair was parted on the left and he looked like a DORK (computer guy) but was brilliant on roller skates- in the older one- where I developed a "crush" his hair is parted on the right and he was EXTRA brilliant on ice skates (the Canadian Actors on Hallmark all played Hockey).  And he rides a motorcycle and wears leather..  Theres' one more...not a favorite but I might just have to record all three.  In the last one- he wears leather......I think. Watch him age. Older is not better with him.

I wasn't as thrilled with the leather/ motorcycle/Toy factory one as I used to be.  I must have outgrown him.  I think with all the very sexy Romances I am reading- Hallmark is way too DULL these days. Mostly I am watching Lifetime Christmas Movies. I wish Never Been Kissed was on again.  But the channels that might have shown it are showing Elf etc.  I don't like Elf- type movies.

That's it for today.  I might take a nap.  Husband is asleep on the Sunporch where it's toasty warm.

2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

In that green bean casserole - instead of cream of mushroom soup, saute mushrooms and make a thick white sauce. You'll never go back.

Joanne S said...

Sounds like a great idea!!!!!!