Thursday, November 03, 2022

Field Notes- Thursday, November 3rd. Chilly in the House. Sunshine Outside.


 I am going thru my picture files.....seeing what all is in there.  I may have used this image before but in the file I couldn't quite figure out what it was.  Now I know. I can go back and delete.  (I just did)

My hands are cold.  My nose is running.  I have pasta to boil so husband has "extra" to add to his dinners. I have Escarole in the fridge that needs to be used up and made into Beans and Greens Soup.  I ate the last of my Orange Chicken Chinese food yesterday afternoon.  I read the last 20 pages of a book I selected at the library.  I remembered liking it. I was wrong.  The book needed serious editing.  Which is rather hilarious and sad at the same time as the main character is a book editor. 

When you read a book a day.... and this also means you read a chapter or less and stop in MANY OTHER BOOKS and keep going thru the pile until you can find ONE to read all the way to the end... you wonder who edits the books.  

Did they read them????? did some editor pretend to have read them?  They should never have been published.  They are terrible books. A waste of paper. Pointless dribble for pages- endless pages. Confused plot lines- where the hell did this character come from????  What happened to what's her name? WHERE are we? And the weirdest one of all......WHEN are we?

My hands itch.  I have touched too many things.  I watched Secrets of the Dead- this time an ancient buried tomb in Egypt.  With the beginning use of pictographs and language.  The circle with a dot inside. One of my favorite things to make when I doodle- Ra.  Now I know. Ra. It's always been with me.

I went to college too soon.  Too young. 17.  I had no backstory or history.  Going in my thirties or forties would have been amazingly good.  I could have graduated.  Had a career.  At 76 everything is seen in the rear view mirror.  But Ra.  Nice to have that ...to know that.

I really hate when I have things to do.  I am quite contrary.  Knowing I need to boil water and cook pasta and chop and saute for soup- in the past I loved that sort of thing- now I am so very very annoyed by it all.

I did wipe down the baseboard edges in my bathroom.  They were coated in dust. Then I left the room. More things looked like they needed attention and I wasn't interested.

Whatever the haircutter did or did not do to my hair.....I told her to do what she wanted...well, that wasn't something I should have said.  None of it will lay flat.  It's sticking up in odd places.  I look deranged. I keep running my hands over my head.  OMG.  My hands are freezing.  Husband ate breakfast and then went back to sleep on the couch.  He has two speeds now.  Awake and busy and asleep. Today is going to be an asleep day. Nope.  He just woke up.  I should not have had "thoughts".  Even inside my head he hears them.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG this has such a feel to it. I hear the distress but there’s something about the way you write it up that adds humor.

Anonymous said...

That was Dee BTW