Sunday, November 06, 2022

Field Notes- Made the Soup. Vacuumed the floors. Dusted. Scrubbed the stove top.


 Lusting over this Onion Soup.  I have brown bowls like this. Image arrived in my email.

My washing pods- I went down to look.... are ALL Stainlifter Pods.  With Oxi.  I even use TWO for each wash instead of one.  My clothes look clean.  His clothes do not.

He has always been waxy/oily.  And as he gets older it gets worse.

I skipped everything but breakfast yesterday and was vacuuming the entire house and then wiping down table tops etc. I even cleaned off the old stove. Moved some things to the Goodwill Box.  Other things got soaked in Dawn and scrubbed. And then watched two old favorite Hallmark Movies. 

Today I disconnected electronics on my husband's side table- something plugged in and not used since dinosaurs walked the Earth and he secretly used credit card points to buy an Apple iPad. And the Pencil. And didn't need his old stuff. Anymore.

So.....great start to the day.  He lost his eyeglasses....same spot.  Easy enough to find.

Football at 1pm.  Then Pizza.  Connie's recommended book- Out of the Clear Blue Sky.  Didn't end as I had thought.  So a different book.  It was a wonderful book.  Connie always lets me know when she reads a good one.  I try and let her know if I do.  I think she should read The Royals Next Door.

Someone asked if I read my husband's blog.  Does he have one? 

Comments the past two days.  Thank you.

3 comments:

beverly said...

You were busy yesterday. I spent all day picking up walnuts. We had a crazy storm with 60 mph wind gusts Friday and part of Saturday so all the walnuts are down now. My son and I watch the Seahawks have been fans since the 70's. I see Tom Brady is now divorced are you or were you a Patriots Fan.

LindaSonia said...

Like you I finally made a soup I had a recipe for - big disappointment. How do you throw out soup? - down the disposal?, the toilet?... where/how?

Also coincidentally I saw an episode of Cook's Country TV show and they did a classic Beans and Greens recipe... now I want some escarole. :-)

Kim Carney said...

Okay, that would be quite a plot to a good book. You blogged for so many years, and all along your husband is blogging behind you back LOL

LindaSonia ... I threw my last chunky soup down the toilet