Wednesday, November 09, 2022

Field Notes- Janet won the Governor's Race!!!! Sunshine. Yes, to pneumonia vaccine.


 So......Election Night is over for------awhile.  Some races are still undecided.  MSNBC was intense yesterday but once they showed that Oz had lost and  Janet was still Governor of Maine- all was right in my tiny World and I could go to bed- the Golden results aren't in and there will be a run off..  I just closed my eyes and thought "other thoughts" when results of Florida and Georgia came on the screen.  I resided in both those states for years. But never again. 

I watched two delightful Hallmark Movies-- the male actors were perfect. They made the stupid plot of each movie seem "reasonably possible" and the kissing was excellent. You all know the kissing is usually quite awful.  The lead actors in both movies really kissed the woman..  seemed happy to do it. So I kept them in my TiVo file. I finished my book.  I haven't chosen the next one yet. I washed the load of husband's garden/weeding pants and now need to fold them. The Tide Super Spray...not happy with it.  

G wants me to "mend" the knees on almost all his pants.   Not enchanted with this work. He's transitioned to sweat pants for the Winter so I can procrastinate.  I am becoming more and more enchanted with procrastination when it comes to the sewing machine.  And Pant Knee Mending. Daughter's pant knees also.

Beans and Greens soup is finished.  I may have a Toasted Cheese with Maximum Sweet Pickles today.

Husband is grumbling as he is low on dessert items for Coffee & Cake at 8 pm. And it's Wednesday. I am thinking I will have to make a second trip this week for groceries.  For Cake.  My prescription will be ready tomorrow.  so...I'll go tomorrow...... (shades of Gone With The Wind)

That's about it from here.  

2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

I used to have to open the side seams of jeans (with all those folds) to do adequate repair and reinforcement to the knees of Jim's work jeans. Stone and roofing material was hell on jeans and they were expensive. For my birthday before we even were engaged he bought me one of the first free-arm sewing machines, a Kenmore. You could slide the leg under the needle and do whatever, a miracle. He knew what I was all about from day one. I put a million denim miles on that machine before it wore out.

Joanne S said...

Yep-- the man was one in a million. But then...so are you!

I have the free arm and go back and forth with the zig zag. It's FUN.
Looks like hell but- hey Carhart's are expensive.
And Connie in Cinncinnati sent me the correct needle for sewing heavy jeans. She's the best.

three calls from daughter 1. she needs her taxes from last year to get Obama Care for next year
Second call- toilet leaking needs name and phone of my plumber.
Third call- she called number and got his wife not hime- as she recall- it was a VERY TENSE CALL.
Now she has his number after evoking the "My Mom says he's the best Plumber etc"