Friday, November 18, 2022

Field Notes on a very chilly Friday, November 18th. Riley passed on another November 18th.


 Hey, why not start the day with a big cry and all that?

I am reading  another good book.  One to Watch by Stayman-London was first- then  Marlowe Banks, Revisited by Firkins  and today (and yesterday) Dating Dr Dill by Sharma.  They have all been very good. I have a few more on the Library Book pile.  Two are waiting for pickup at the Library on Monday.

I'll just wait for my eyes to dry up.

We didn't get to see the Thursday Football game as it's on Prime and I had intended to make Pizza..  We don't have Prime.  I know we should (because of the wealth of PBS stuff on Prime) but...let's be clear....I no longer have active enough brain function  and I just find it all way too ANXIETY producing to get involved in.  As a beginner.  I never had much experience even before getting old.  We did have Netflix but I wasn't the one who activated it......and that "person" isn't helpful these days.

When I mentioned finding husband's wallet in the bathtub a reader said she found the TV remote in her freezer. Her husband is also fun to have around.  It made me laugh- still does.

So......anything happens with cable, computer or internet ......we're Out of Luck here. Totally.  They will die a quiet lonely death as did the printer.  Which no longer works.  In any language.  I will need a new one before Tax Time??? Unless I just send along originals to our Banker........Not having is the best way to deal with the IRS anyway.  Sorry...don't have that......piece of paper. Shrug........

I don't actually need a printer. I was only making copies of the covers of books I wanted to buy.......a list on paper, written in pen is good enough.

My Panera  $10.99 container of  Broccoli Cheddar "SOUP" was a yellowy "cheese" water  DISAPOINTMENT with one piece of broccoli no cheese flavor.  I was reminded that there used to be carrots also.  Long Ago.  Far Away.  So I added Carrots and Broccoli and Cheese and ate watery "soup"???  I still have some. Left.  It didn't even taste the way I remembered- you know- thick and creamy. Cheesy. Well. I never will buy it again.  That was Wednesday.

I discovered a few slices of English Toasting Bread in the way back of the fridge shelf.  So I had a Toasted Cheese with Pickles. That was Thursday.

 I sort of wished I had caved and bought 60% salt free potato chips. And the four pack of very moist thick dark Brownies.  Stuff I should NOT eat. Or Buy. I have two more slices of Bread so today I'll have another sandwich and pour the remaining "soup" into the sink. That will be Friday.

If I sound DOWN and UNHAPPY...I am.  The only thing I have that might need doing...is another load of wash.  I really wish I was a napper.  I would be happy to sleep all day and just not have to do any thing at all.  Not even eat. I am not suicidal.  Give that up.  I would NEVER!!!! I've put 76 years into staying alive.

2 comments:

DianeN said...

Anniversaries of a loved one's passing are really hard and Riley was very much loved, indeed. Dogs are so much easier to love than people and they love us back without question or judgement. I always loved hearing about Riley. I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending a hug.

Joanne S said...

Thank you Diane. Yes...dogs are so EASY to LOVE.
I have all his toys on a shelf in the "shoe" closet- I keep handbags in it. I open the door and visit them
every so often. All the toys are heavily mended and repaired. He watched me closely as I did the work.