Saturday, November 05, 2022

Field Notes- Saturday. November 5th. I MADE THE DAMNED SOUP


 I made Beans and Greens.  I ate two bowls.

My friend is throwing things into the slow cooker and letting it go all day and then eating whatever it was later in the day (sausage and peppers).  I replied that I usually follow a specific recipe but I can see how that might not be the way to go........ the last book I read- Anyone But You by Crusie- the 40 something just divorced woman had a crock pot.  In fact, Crusie often has a crock pot in her books.  The one with the cop moving in with a shooting victim.....she taught him how to cook using the crock pot ...but making nachos was his favorite signature "dish".

Next soup will be Lentil.  I have a bunch of bags of dry lentils.  I need a thick slice of Baked Ham from the deli on Monday but......Lentil.   I have leftover soup for today and tomorrow is Football Pizza.  So I am covered.  If I recall: if one has carrots, onion and celery handy- one has soup.  I even know how to make Black Bean Bisque.  I would need sour cream or heavy cream to finish it off.  Heavy Cream.  

I was reading Out of the Clear Blue Sky and NOW realize I have read this book- even though it has a NEW sticker on it.  I read it a few YEARS ago.  I knew the story- so I flipped to the end and yep...that's how I knew it was ending. Weird.  I am thinking I read it in Hard Cover and this is a Trade Paper?????

I need to buy something other that  the pods I am using to wash my clothes.  Things are getting dingy. Bleach is a no go as we have a septic system and bleach kills the beneficial things that make the Septic Work. Any suggestions?????  Let me know before Monday as that is shopping day.  I have been using Spray and Wash but it does NOTHING.  I have a bar of strong yellow soap-- I could rub it over the stains. Yes??? Fels Naphta. (spelling error)  Daughter used it at camp- kept mosquitos away. I think it's good on stains?  

Do you think I need a Wellness Check?

3 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

What kind of pods are you using? Maybe just a different brand? I am a fan of Tide pods with oxy.

Paula, the quilter said...

That is a great idea about where you get the ham. I always used the ham steak from Smithfield but it got really salty. I’m going shopping on Monday so I’ll stop at the deli.

beverly said...

We use oxiclean versatile stain remover powder along all free clear detergent

Glad you made the damed soup