Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Field Notes- Wednesday, August 24. Damp, Cloudy. Crows walking in the yard. Crows Returning......


 I made pasta salad yesterday- NOT the one in the picture.  Mine had, clockwise from 1pm- Greek olives, red pepper, no chives, yellow cheese, no tomatoes, is that mozzarella?, zucchini and canned corn.  I made a dressing of mayo and sweet pickle relish.  I saw that on the internet search.  It was pretty good. The pasta is Trader Joe's which usually has a "heavy" pasty taste to it.  I have lots of it and.........I don't really like it. I cut the large pasta into small pieces to match the vegetables.  Husband used to eat homemade pasta meals..  Now he doesn't.

I'm thinking the salad will be better today- the ingredients having the evening to get to know one another and mingle etc.  If not- I'm sure the animals visiting the compost pile will be excited by the food? Who am I kidding- even if it tastes dull...I will eat it.  I did all that chopping and prep work.......

The Tesla across the street (visiting from Boston) charged all night and has now gone off on an adventure. They left the garage door open.  I have a key.  Do I go over and enter the house and close the garage door???  I have decided to let it go.  They left in three cars- someone should have noticed the garage door. I've often wondered why the Tesla charges in the driveway instead of in the garage.  Because the battery might catch fire???  Anyone know?  It's a visiting car so not here often.

We are being warned that heating oil will be in short supply again in the coming Winter.  It was super expensive last year.  I think it's why so many neighbors bought and installed whole house generators this Summer.  Propane.  I have an extra heavy down comforter in the Attic.  It's for an unheated house. When we moved here- in the Winter of 1991- there was an oil supply problem and we thought we would freeze to death.  We almost did.  We really really regretted moving to Maine. For years and YEARS....

Now...we sort of like it here.  Hardly anyone lives here year round.  They visit and then leave which works out just fine for all of the 365 Introverts.

No comments: