Thursday, August 04, 2022

Field Notes- Thursday, August 4th--Another Hot Day. Happy to have that second half of baby watermelon.


 Peach cobbler.  Coming Soon...but not soon enough.  I am watering the Peach Trees as I type. They are a few weeks late and the Peaches might not actually make the finish line.  Fruit is still very small and hard. Patty's Peaches ripen closer to September so- I can wait for the grocery bag of her peaches if I have to...... 

The "Lunch with a Friend" was very very delightful.  The food was good. The conversation was good. And it was just a delight to do something so very very NORMAL.

I had a mixed greens salad and Eggplant Parm with Tiramisu for dessert. Lemonade instead of my usual red wine.  I drink alcoholic beverages when I go out with Patty.  More than one. Never when I eat out with husband.  It makes him anxious.  He always orders a drink for himself. So so weird. The things our parents do to us, huh???   

I had been procrastinating on my second COVID Booster shot but NOW I am happy I did.  There is a Super Booster arriving in September or October that covers more variants.  If I had had the other Booster I would NOT have been able to get this new. Can't double up.  So, by dithering- I got a better outcome.

Husband did some tree pruning and was still at home when I got back- NO trip to the Urgent Care this time.....I'd asked him to spare me that.

I have no idea what I will be doing today.  Sports is a bummer right now.  The Red Sox- SUCK.  And the Patriots Training Camp........well, it's a Cluster F...if you get my meaning. So....no sports and BBC is only showing Bones and zero Law and Order.  No reason to Live or Watch TV.  I have another book waiting. Well, I have 6 to 8 books waiting.  I get to chose.  A Buffet of Books.  I read another Science one out of my own bookcase- The Love Hypothesis.  Stanford PhD students.

1 comment:

Deb Lacativa said...

the FB book hangout never lets up about the Love Hypothesis. Enough to keep me from reading it. Look forward to your opinion.