Monday, August 15, 2022

Field Notes on August 15th. Sunshine and still Cooler than normal. Watering the Peach Trees.

Cucumbers from the garden yesterday.  Sliced and salted and will be eaten today.  I bought sour cream today at the grocery.  Parking lot was crowded with vacationers so I warned the people standing behind their car with their shopping cart in my way- that I was not the best driver.  They stopped traffic .......and pedestrians.....it was pretty weird and made me laugh.  I thanked everyone.......... who moved out of my way.

There was a older white haired guy looking at me in the Library Parking Lot......... I did NOT encourage him.  

I picked up the third in the Summerhill Series.  As You Wish.  I had books one and two mixed up.  Not that it matters reading them more than once- but for a first timer...would ruin things a bit.  Deveraux didn't WRITE them order.  Met Her Match is Book Two.  The Girl from Summerhill is Book One.

Going to read As You Wish today.  Book Three.  All wrongs are made right.

My Quart Canning Jar with Marigold Flowers, Alum, Cloth washed and scrubbed with Dawn, and for good measure some aquarium chloride remover in the water I added.  Now capped and out in the Sunshine and Heat of the Back Deck.  I know the yellow will be greenish.  But......why not.  I also wrapped a thin piece of floral wire around the scrunched up cloth.  Hoping it will make marks.  I couldn't find any rusty wire.  Need to "make" some.  I saw Jude's on her post.....and I had a jar, cloth, alum and marigolds.  

I'm seeing indigo leaves being used.  My friend got me seeds but I never planted them...... I should find them.  For next year.







No comments: