Sunday, August 14, 2022

Field Notes (took me five tries to get it spelled correctly) sunshine on Sunday August 14th.. Yesterday was cool, almost chilly.


 Puzzled.  This one has 1000 pieces.  And is NOT being worked on.  Daughter found the bits for a bird. I worked on the border and got it finished.  Too much of it looks the same. Too much white.

The Vaccine Booster was on a delay.  At around 2 pm yesterday it hit me.  Sore shoulder (Arnica took care of it) and one Advil took care of the rest of the symptoms.  I had one slice of bread left so I made an extra cheesy half a toasted cheese followed by Strawberry flavored frozen yogurt and the Soccer Mom Madam on Lifetime?   There was also a show I passed by a few times channel surfing about SEX ER Visits. It was obviously not real............ A failed butt implant and a woman on a ski lift who put her cold hands into her boyfriend's pants "to warm her hands " at his invitation............. then I watched the Red Sox baseball game.

I read a book earlier in the day.  Met Her Match by Devereau.  I liked it before and liked it this time as well. I have the Girl from Summerhill with the Pride and Prejudice play, next.  I think my daughter has found or is still hunting for  hardcover copies of these two in used book stores and library book sales.  I'm compiling  photo copies of the covers of books I want to order at the bookstore. Ones that are in Trade Paper.....

I didn't do any baking.  No Zucchini Bread but I do want to find the recipe in the very cluttered recipe box- thousands of cards in there.  From "when I cooked".  I ate most of the smaller zucchini on Friday. Thin sliced and cooked until a nice brown mush and then topped with some cheese and eaten.  I like it so why bother making anything else with them???? Used to grow and use them to make pickles. Never Again. 

Brown Mush Zucchini or Yellow Squash (with onions).  Georgia Food. All that was missing was deep fried okra and fried green tomatoes. And a piece of Fried Chicken. A biscuit.  Peach Cobbler. I lived there six years.....but we were meant to be together....... I think about going back.  Living there again.  But I know it's very different. My brother lives there now.- north of Atlanta  So.....it might work.

Jude on HER blog showed jars with marigolds and Alum.  Yellow cloth.  I think I used to own some Alum (for Sweet Pickles). I have to look in the spice drawer.  I have lots of spent marigolds.  Drying on the Sun Porch.  I could roll cloth and tie it real tight in several spots with string or rusty wire......soak it on the back porch where the deck surface is REAL hot and the Sun Shines All the Time.  In a Canning jar.

Looking Cloudy now- Weather says no....but it could rain....... very still. No breezes. Time to set the sprinklers up on the Peach Trees.  Have a lovely Sunday all ya all.

2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

Was it the Braves/Red Sox matchup when our baby second base guy hit a home run over the green monster? I love the exuberance of the young, new players. Stars in their eyes and not yet jaded by the MLB machine.

Joanne S said...

No-- the game I watched was with New York.