Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Field Notes- Peaches are "almost" ready and I can't find the cobbler recipe.


 A bowl of greens.  Bread.  Next month. No Bran Flakes.  I was wanting to switch from oatmeal to Bran Flakes for 30 days.  A "No Go".  The shelves are bare.

I ate my bowl of sliced cucumbers with sour cream and dill yesterday.  Delicious.  I had gotten a few items from the Fried Food Bar at the grocery- breaded fried cheese sticks and a few very crunchy chicken nuggets.  I like chicken very crunchy with no "moist".  I like the breading best of all. Great Lunch.

Started the day with a mosquito bite and a big black fly as a traveling companion- it's in the house somewhere.

Daughter is showing "probable" signs of COVID.  Running nose.  That stadium concert, the train to Boston etc etc.  No masks.   I will be dropping off  COVID test kits.  Not that I think she will push the stick up into her nose cavities. She's fully vaccinated and boosted. She'll miss a week of work  unless she goes to work- it's outdoors and she works alone so it would be okay.......if she felt good.  We'll see. She is producing a lot of SNOT.

I left you for awhile to run over test kits to daughter and then try two different grocery stores for the juices daughter  wanted.  No luck.  The coolers in two stores are empty. No Peach Watermelon. She got Orange Passionfruit mix. Not what she wanted........and a lemonade.  

I am home.  A bit sweaty.  Sunshine today.  Might rain tomorrow.  I forgot I wanted a bag of three Romaine Hearts for salads.   Not happening.

1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

The husband shared Covid with me. Thanks a lot. I’ve been sick since Friday and been on Paxlovid since Sunday. I’m feeling better but have no energy. I’m vaccinated and double boosted. Meat currently turns my stomach. I wish your daughter health and wellness.