Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Daily Notes- Wednesday, February 9th. Sunshine.


 I took this picture yesterday.  It's the very first change I made to the new house in December of 1991. I added a door between the kitchen and what was once the dining room- now where I write to you and sit on the couch and read and watch tv.  I took the picture while sitting on the couch.

Yesterday, the Gold/Silver medal Doubles Curling Game between Sweden and Italy.  I had tears in my eyes (why???) when the last Italian stone slid quietly, smoothly and perfectly-into a just barely there pocket for the win.  The Italians- in their first Doubles event ever- had won all ten of their matches.  And Gold.

And another thing.  In the Curling matches there is always screaming while one team member brushes the stone down the course to the circles.  That never happened with the Italians.  The 22  year old woman never did any sweeping.  Her 6 foot 6 male partner did- while listening to her quiet voice murmuring- "bella...bella...bella" and other encouraging words in Italian as the stone slides and then turns and then stops gently into the center of the center.  Again. And Again.  And Again.

The American curler doing commentary- was often speechless.  But when that last gently thrown stone slid into a pocket just the size of the stone itself....he said "perfection".  And. it was.

I am ever so thankful I got to watch.  Husband is safely home from his doctor's appointment and is now going to the back of the house to take a nap.  He was up early.  I have Men's Doubles to watch today. Too many of today's games with ROC and I am wanting to find out what country that is.

1 comment:

Susan Sawatzky said...

I'm so glad you enjoy watching sports. I do not but it makes me happy that you find so much enjoyment that way.

Susan