Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Daily Notes- February 2nd. Cold here with clouds. I miss the cold Sun.


 Pictorial Cooking Instructions.

My two children- well, perhaps only the boy- would have loved this.  When they were small, before reading.  Yes, the boy.  Three or Four years old.  While he was learning to read- by calling out letters and then asking what the word meant  (he wanted a definition suitable to 3 or 4 years of Life experience- OMG was that difficult for me) and then asked me to use it.  Make a sentence.  Then he would stare at me...then say- "okay".  He'd downloaded it.

We might have started this game earlier- at 3.  Because he was reading actual books by 5.

I didn't have Soup yesterday.  I had yogurt, Bran Buds and Red Grapefruit.  Even though it was ice cold food being eaten with snow and ice outside the windows.  I needed to finish it.  Just a small portion left for today.  Then I move back to Soup.

Brady has retired.  How will that feel going forward????  Who steps up to take his place?  Will anyone, ever?  The Sports Talking Heads are having a week.  First backtracking on the Bengals Trash Talk prior to the game.  Then the excuses for Mahomes failure on Sunday (going swiftly to blaming him for everything and linking him to Rodgers as another "failure" to get to the Super Bowl.)- And then...they had a rather tedious Jimmy G back and forth and then the Rams quarterback got worked over.  They even wondered if the Patriots will take him back--Jimmy G.--thought I'd much prefer the Rams quarterback in Boston if he brings Cooper with him.

I switched to a Hallmark Movie.  And then I turned that off and read my book- same book I read all the time as I love it (Summer and the Mayor).  I finished it right before bed and now I get to read the next one.  I need to order my own copies from the bookstore here in Town.  

I also used the Croatian photo copier to copy Mandala coloring book pages for husband.  He's using ink now and it bleeds thru and ruins the backside blank mandala.  He was sort of surprised at the quality of paper I had used for the copies.  Lovely.  Thick paper and ultra smooth surface. Because I do do nice things for him. I also sent him off to have his hearing aids checked with a note from me.  Service people and Doctors he sees frequently-- always ask if he has a note... if he's traveling alone. They prefer I come with him but.....I try to always go to doctor appointments but not the hearing aid place.  Though I have gone often enough that they miss seeing me.

We'd just inserted a new $80 black ink cartridge (before the machine went Croatian) so I am happy to use it up in a machine that can only make copies but cannot communicate with the computer.  Or it could be the computer that can't...won't....just doesn't want to......I'll save up enough ink to make IRS copies.  Because that Time....is near. But I'll use the ordinary paper for that.  I think I could look up and translate the other commands on the printer........I did translate "copy".   Or not.

No comments: