Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Daily Notes- Tuesday February 2-22-2022 @ 2:22


 Chicken- check.  Polka Dots- check.   Black and white stripe legs- check.  I love the X and O also.

So.  40 degrees here and Some Weather coming our way.  Wind, Rain, Ice, Snow.  Good Times. I'm good with it all except for Wind.  We got some tall, sick trees here in Maine.  They are usually right next to power poles.  Hardly any underground power- cause- it's more fun this way. 

We did: Post office.  Library.  Bank (drive thru as it's not open to public).  Grocery.  Big Day.

No oatmeal (but I have enough). But they had everything else.  I splurged- bought Post its.  I'm worth it. Yogurt was another thing- they had so much...but nothing I buy and want to eat.

I wrote some stuff about the pants I had on--- wrong pants- I gave up on the tight ones and now have on a pair of men's cord pants that daughter got at Goodwill and waist is just fine.  I was thinking of adding some v-shaped segments to the waist of the tight pants.........lasted about 5 minutes.  Then changed my pants.  Another pair of pants is ALWAYS the best solution.  Helps to have a variety of sizes in the closet. Goodwill Shopping leads to a large selection.  Short and long pant legs also. I tend to like buying petite. Yes! And I am NOT petite at 5 foot 6 inches.  Still.  My backbones haven't caved as yet.  I don't mind showing a bit of ankle and socks.  Which is why I love stripe and dotted socks.  But don't have any.

So.....I picked up a reserved book for me.  Got husband two off the 7 days shelf.  Authors he loves. Got a bunch of the Chicken Dinners for him and ZERO desserts.  He's off dessert.  

I was cleaning out the fridge- the door shelving which gets ignored-- so I tossed expired mustard, ketchup and ranch dressing.  Every previous fridge i have owned was SUPER easy to wash and clean.  This one- take the shelves out (if you can which mostly you can't)- They don't go back in.  Drawers don't slide back in.  It makes me scream. Literally. So the fridge is really really NOT SPARKLING CLEAN.  I wipe.  I wipe and wipe. Sigh...not the same.  So... now that we know that food will eventually return to the grocery shelves.......I don't need to stock up.  The fridge can revert to half empty.  

And I don't need bread so much that I need to bake it myself..... We were pretty CRAZY in the beginning of Covid Year One.  Year Three?  Not so much.

No comments: